Before I get into my review, I have to preface it by saying that my husband is one of those unfortunate Christmas babies. You know, the ones whose birthdays are right before or right after Christmas and usually get lost or downplayed in the shuffle of the holidays? Yep, that's him. My Mom just happens to be a Christmas baby too, so I've had lots of experience in how to handle this sort of thing. Oh yes, there are rules, you know. The first rule is NEVER, NEVER wrap their presents in Christmas paper. It might be convenient, but it's not very nice. Their birthday is NOT Christmas. And NEVER, NEVER lump their birthday celebration in with a holiday party. You have to do it separate and you have to make as big a deal out of it as you would have made for anyone else's birthday (sometimes a little bigger deal, just to combat all the Christmas hoopla)!
Arteries - prepare to be clogged! And YOU - prepare to like it! At Red Elephant, you get nothing less than cheesy, meaty, greasy, completely, totally, unabashed bar and grill food that's sure to go straight to your hips, thighs, tummy or any other problem area that you've been trying to get rid of for the past 10 years.
- Thin crust
- Not a lot of sauce (I hate when you take a bite of pizza and the sauce squirts all over your face - or your shirt)
- Lots of toppings on TOP of the cheese (Don't bury those puppies! I want to see how much I'm getting! And If I order pepperoni, I want pepperoni, dangit! Not just one or two - but LOTS)
- Crunchy meat toppings (I hate soggy, rubbery pepperoni, sausage, ham or bacon)
- Low on grease (yes, some grease is essential, but I don't want to be able to soak my napkin in it)
- Small slices (I want to pick up my pizza with one hand and eat it, not cut it, fold it or use two hands to lift it!)
- Fresh made (Not something that's been sitting around under a heat lamp, I want that sucker to be made-to-order and come out piping hot!)
After having a lovely dinner at Kiku, we decided to make a stop right next door and explore Peterbrooke Chocolatier. Basically, if you can imagine it dipped, dunked, soaked or coated with chocolate, you can surely find it here!
Okay, okay. I know. Long time, no blog. But, as I'm sure you know, tis the season to be crazy! It always seems like December is the busiest month of the year for me - with work, with shopping, with parties to host or attend - and that leaves little time left for sleep, much less anything else! If you don't believe me, I dare you to come over to my house and look at the mountain of laundry that has overtaken my living room for the past week, just sitting there, stinkin' up the place. I DARE YOU!