Soup Swift - Soups and Salads and Sandwiches, Oh My!


There's a quaint little cafe off Miccosukee Road that serves up fresh soups, salads and sandwiches every day, and it goes by the name of Soup Swift. How fresh, you ask? So fresh, that their menu of offerings changes daily, and is dependent upon which fruits and vegetables are in season at that exact moment. It doesn't get any fresher unless you go out to the field and pick the stuff yourself!

But when I say quaint, I do mean, quaint. There are only 6 tables inside and they only seat 2 people each. However, there are also 2 picnic tables outside if you have larger groups and can stand the heat. Me, I generally call ahead, pick something up and eat it at home where I can catch up on the latest reality TV shows that I've got recorded on my DVR. Oh, don't judge me, you know you love 'em too!

Today for lunch, I ordered some Sweet Potato Soup and the Apple, Cheddar and Bacon Salad. Driving home with that bag on the passenger seat had my stomach grumbling so loud, I could barely hear the radio!

Obviously, if a place is called Soup Swift, then they'd better do soup pretty darn good. Well, trust me, they do. All of their soups are handcrafted and slow cooked to perfection. They don't add any artificial stuff and they use very little salt, so you only get the fresh taste of the fresh ingredients!


The sweet potato soup is one of my absolute favorites! I've never even seen this type of soup offered anywhere else, and I just have to say, it's ingenious! It's a rich, creamy soup (no lumps here, baby!), that's got that sweet potatoey flavor in every bite! They also add a few spiced pecans to the top (that's those brown things floating in the middle), and it gives the soup just a little kick. If you've ever had a butternut squash soup, it's very similar to that, but sweeter, of course! You know I licked the bowl. Mmm hmm.


And then there was the apple, cheddar and bacon salad. Now, I know what you're thinkin'. I could have just made this salad myself. But there are some days when you just don't feel like taking the time to fry up the bacon and slice the cheese and the apple - especially on your lunch break. And since my Wednesday had a case of the Mondays, I REALLY didn't feel like it. So, there.


This salad was absolutely scrumptious! All of the ingredients were fresh - no wilted lettuce or browning apple - and it was served with a perfectly complimentary dijon shallot vinaigrette dressing. It was sort of like a lighter version of a honey mustard, and I used every last drop!


Soup Swift is only open for lunch, but they just changed their hours so that they are now open on Saturdays as well. Good news for all you ladies that lunch on the weekends! Make sure to keep your eyes peeled as you drive down Miccosukee near Riggins Rd. or you might miss it! Soup Swift is tucked next to a medical center that takes up most of the real estate, but they do put a little sandwich board out front with their logo on it to make it easier to spot. It's definitely worth checking out if you need a mid-week pick me up, and can't stand to down another greasy bag of fast food. Happy lunching!

Tally Foodie Rating:
Atmosphere - B (cute, but a bit tiny inside)
Taste - A
Presentation - A
Service - A
Price - $

Restaurant Info:
Soup Swift
2510 Miccosukee Rd
Tallahassee FL 32308
850-576-SOUP
Hours: Mon - Sat 11am - 3:30pm

Soup Swift on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Brie: Le Grand Fromage August 24, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

Hooray for Soup Swift! So glad to see a post on one of my favorite restaurants in town! I agree on the Sweet Potato soup - it's amazing! Make sure to try the Lemon Chicken - it's to die for!

Tally Foodie November 10, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

Thanks for the tip - I haven't had the Lemon Chicken, but it sounds yummy! I'll have to keep an eye out for it!

About this blog

This blog is dedicated to giving you honest reviews of local restaurants in Tallahassee and the surrounding area. I won't hold any punches, you'll hear about it all - the good, the bad and the (hopefully infrequent) inedible!

This blog was written from July 2009 - August 2010 and is now retired. I currently live in Sarasota, FL...stay tuned for more on my adventures there!