Lucy & Leo's Cupcakery - Can you say YUM?


There's been a lot of talk around the office about a new little cupcake place opening up over on Thomasville Road. So, on Friday, during our lunch break, a friend and I decided to check it out. Named after the owner's two beloved pets, Lucy & Leo's Cupcakery is nothing short of DA BOMB. Their space, which they share with Textures Handmade Market is a colorful, quaint, upbeat little bakery. The walls are painted pastel blue and adorable cupcake art graces their walls, while two photos of dogs Lucy & Leo guard the cash register. There are a few little tables where you can also sit and enjoy your dessert, but I choose to take mine to-go, knowing my husband would kill me if I didn't bring some home for him. I picked my poison - 2 red velvet cupcakes, 2 chocolate peanut butter cupcakes and 2 oreo cupcakes. I could hardly keep them in the box long enough to get back to the office before I could try one.

As soon as I was safely at my desk, door closed, so no one could see or smell the cupcakes and try to bogart one, I chose a chocolate peanut butter as my first indulgence.


{Sidebar: I loves me some peanut butter dessert. Reese's peanut butter cups are my absolute favorite, but I can also put away my fair share of buckeye candies, peanut butter fudge, peanut butter pie, peanut butter bombs and any other dessert that has the words "peanut butter" in it. When I was little, my grandma always made me a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing for my birthdays - even if no one else wanted to eat it but me!}

Ahem, so, like I was saying, I dove into that chocolate peanut butter cupcake so fast, it didn't even know what was coming. The icing was so rich and creamy and full of peanut-buttery-goodness that I licked the wrapper afterwards to get any last little remaining drips of icing. That's right. I have no shame.

Later that night, I tried one of the red velvet guys and my husband wolfed down an oreo cupcake. When I asked him how it was, he didn't even swallow before saying "affulemp" (translation: excellent), so I knew it was damn good.


Oh, I forgot to mention, Lucy & Leo's doesn't make their entire line of cupcake flavors every day. But if you want to see what's fresh daily at the cupcakery, simply follow their Twitter feed. They also had a chalkboard by the front entrance that touted the fact that they were making Margarita and Guinness flavored cupcakes for Happy Hour that night at 7pm - how fun! The cupcakes are little minis, not the big jumbos, and they sell them for $2.25 a piece. And trust me, that's nothing compared to what they're worth. So, go get one (or a dozen) already!

Tally Foodie Rating:
Atmosphere - A
Taste - A++
Service - A
Presentation - A
Price - $

Store Info:
Lucy & Leo's Cupcakery
1123 Thomasville Rd
Tallahassee, FL 32303
850-765-0374
Hours: Tues-Thurs 10-6, Fri 10-9, Sat 10-6, Closed Sun & Mon

Lucy and Leos Cupcakery on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

About this blog

This blog is dedicated to giving you honest reviews of local restaurants in Tallahassee and the surrounding area. I won't hold any punches, you'll hear about it all - the good, the bad and the (hopefully infrequent) inedible!

This blog was written from July 2009 - August 2010 and is now retired. I currently live in Sarasota, FL...stay tuned for more on my adventures there!